GP2X arrives.

My GP2X arrived this morning!

I ran down the stairs to meet the delivery man. Then ran back upstairs tearing open the packaging as I went up the stairs.

I was sent this one early by the lovely people at gbax so that I could port pygame to it.

This version of the firmware doesn't seem to be able to copy stuff to the onboard flash. The usb connection doesn't seem to connect to my computer. Hopefully it will work once an SD card is in there.

So all I can do with it at the moment is use it as an expensive flash light.

One thing I was dissapointed about... you can not use it as a usb host. Which means you can not connect your digital camera or other things to it. Oh well. Maybe something can be done for that through the EXT port. The EXT port will be used for TV output too. The cables for tv out should be available in a few weeks.

I've downloaded the available SDL development files, and been through the development wiki, and read all of the spec sheets. Now I wait until I get an SD card. How exciting!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Draft 3 of, ^Let's write a unit test!^

Is PostgreSQL good enough?

post modern C tooling - draft 6